Want to know how to keep your child / teenager safe on line?
Free parent / carer friendly information sessions will be taking place on Thursday 22nd October 2015 6-7pm and Friday 23rd October 2015 10-11am & 1-2pm at The Open Zone, Temple Park Road, South Shields.
The sessions will include:
- Simple online safety tips for parents / carers to keep their child and / or teenager safe
- An update on sites and the latest social networks children and young people are accessing
- The latest jargon used by children and young people on social media and what it means
- How to spot the danger signs and what to do about them
- The opportunity to access the online ‘Keep them Safe’ module. A easy module written by parents for parents around the link with social media and Child Sexual Exploitation. Staff will be available to support and guide parents / carers through this
- A free up to date on line safety information pack
Due to the popular demand of these sessions booking is essential. Please contact Lynn.Hodson@southtyneside.gov.uk or telephone 0191 424 6512 .