The school is aware that parents welcome a standard dress for their children; this avoids the dictates of fashion and keeps down expense. The Governors know it is important that students should have a sense of belonging and common purpose, which is encouraged by a uniform so that social difference should be avoided.
Every student must adhere to this policy which has the total support of the Governing Body.
Our Supplier is:-
‘JK Schoolwear and Workwear LTD’
52-54 Ellison Street
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 4280268
Girls and Boys Year 7 – Year 11
- Black badged sweatshirt
- Plain white badged polo shirt.
- Plain black, full length, smart tailored trousers for boys and girls. The following are not acceptable: Casual or fashion trousers in any colour or fabric, including jeans, or any trousers in a jean cut, cords, track suit bottoms, combat trousers, cargo pants, ski pants, jogging pants, leggings, jeggings, short or three-quarter length trousers, and trousers with metallic decorations. Despite fashion, we wish to make it very clear that skin-tight or very clingy trousers are not permitted.
- A standard school skirt is to be worn. A choice of two black skirts are available from
JK Schoolwear. These skirts are an acceptable length (at least touching the top of the knee). These can be worn with opaque tights (not footless tights). Black or white knee length socks or tights in black or neutral colours can be worn. Socks that go over the knee are inappropriate.
- Plain black smart and sensible school shoes or boots that are polishable/brushable over their entire surface with a suitable flat heel; no nubuck, canvas etc. All footwear must be completely black with no logos or piped areas. No trainers of any kind are allowed.
- Outdoor coats must be dark in colour – no tracksuit tops.
- The wearing of denim or leather over uniform is strictly forbidden.
- Baseball caps or woollen hats are not to be worn in school.
- Hair should be of an acceptable colour and style. Students are not allowed to dye hair that is not a natural colour i.e. red, blue, purple, dip dyed etc. or has any form of extreme hairstyle such as tramlines, Mohican, skin head. Long hair is required to be tied up during practical lessons such as PE, Science and Technology. Students with inappropriate hair will be placed in the withdrawal unit until their hair is acceptable.
- The only jewellery allowed is 1 pair of ear studs (no other earrings including spacers or expanders are allowed) and 1 watch. The wearing of any chin/nose/lip/tongue rings or studs is strictly prohibited.
- No make-up should be worn by students. This includes foundation, lip stick and eye line. Nails should be of a reasonable length and false nails and eye lashes are not permitted. Students who refuse to remove makeup will be placed in the withdrawal unit and parents will be expected to meet with the pastoral team the following day to reinforce expected standards.
Sweatshirt Badges – Sept 2017:
Year 7 – badges framed in green
Year 8 – badges framed in red
Year 9 – badges framed in yellow
Year 10 – badges framed in blue
Year 11 – badges framed in purple
Also available from JK Clothing.
- Clima Cool T-Shirt
- Navy Shorts
- Navy Socks
- Hoody (optional)
- Pulse Fleece (optional) – limited stock in school
- Trinity Track Pants (optional) – limited stock in school
All articles of clothing should be permanently and clearly marked with the owner’s name.
The school has no insurance cover for students’ personal belongings. Therefore we strongly advise that you take out the appropriate cover on your household insurance.
Only the items listed above should be worn. It is impossible to list all of the items not to be worn, however, if you are in any doubt, please contact school reception before you make a purchase.
Students who arrive in school with the incorrect uniform will be placed in the Withdrawal Unit until they wear the correct uniform. It the responsibility of parents and students to ensure that the uniform worn meets the required expectation and standard of the school.
All students must have:
- A suitable bag to carry books and equipment
- Pen, pencil, ruler, eraser
- A scientific calculator
- A planner (provided by the school)
- A Shorter Oxford English dictionary or any pocket English dictionary would also be useful.
We have a clear policy on Uniform, including footwear, and request our students to wear all black shoes. Trainers are not permitted.
As we approach the final weeks of term, we know many parents/carers will already be thinking about purchasing the correct items of equipment and uniform for their children and, with the help of Wynsors shoes, we’ve produced a booklet of example footwear which is acceptable under our Uniform policy.
Please note that this information is a helpful guide only. Parents/carers do not have to shop at Wynsors and are free to purchase appropriate footwear wherever they would prefer.
Please check with your child’s Director of Learning if you are unsure whether your choice of footwear will be acceptable under our Uniform policy
Student stationery available from Reception:-
Stationery Pack 70p
Pen 20p Sharpener 15p Ruler 15p
Pencil 15p Eraser 15p