Instrument of Government
Composition of the Governing Board:
• 4 parent governors
• 1 head teacher
• 1 staff governor
• 1 local authority governor
• 10 co-opted governors
Committees of the Governing Board:
• Pay Review
• Disciplinary (Pupils)
Chair of Governors:
Mr P Hunter
Vice Chair of Governors:
- Martin Meling – Who was appointed by the LEA – Stepped down in July 2015
- George Jolley – Who was a parent governor – Stepped down in July 2015
- Stephen Brown – Who was a co-opted governor – Stepped down in October 2016
- Tina Roach – Who was a co-opted governor – Stepped down in June 2017
- Mr C Berry – Chair of governors – Stepped down in June 2018
- Mr J A Creswell – Vice chair of governors – Stepped down in June 2018
- Mrs Lisa Anne Hardisty – Who was a parent governor – Stepped down in June 2018
- Mr Leslie Herbert – Who was a co-opted governor – Retired June 2018
The Annual Statement
The governor annual statement is currently under review. If you have any queries please contact Mr P. Hunter (Chair of governors) via the school.
(Ofsted, March 2015)
The governing body hold senior staff to account with reference to student outcomes. This is evidenced by the improved performance and behaviour of our students.
The school is awaiting an Ofsted inspection and is working very hard towards securing a ‘good’ judgement. External school reviews during the last academic year support this outcome.
Recent reorganisation to improve outcomes for students and to reflect the current position for the school have continued in 2015-16 and the school is now in a strong position to continue its upward trajectory of performance.