‘The Hive’ is Boldon School’s newly implemented student support base that focuses on supporting young people who need an additional level of support in a more specialist environment, whether it be for learning issues, social, emotional and/or behavioural issues.
The Hive is a safe, structured and supportive environment where a young person’s needs can be modified specifically for them.
Sometimes, students may find school difficult, may have specific reasons why they cannot cope and may need help to get back on track. Now students can be referred to work in ‘The Hive’ where they can get access to specific support and guidance from our learning support and inclusion support staff.
The Hive is purely supportive and proactive and is not used for sanctions.
We believe ‘The Hive’ will help our students by:
• Giving them more responsibility
• Helping them develop their self-worth and self-esteem, confidence and organisational skills
• Working together to overcome any obstacles or barriers that can affect their education and future
• Working to improve their social and communication skills which will prepare them for the workplace and life after school
• Helping them understand the need for rules and boundaries and the need for mutual respect
• Making school an enjoyable and interesting place to be
If you would like to know more about The Hive, please contact Clare Turnbull – Hive/Inclusion Manager or Rebekka Wall – Key Groups Coordinator/SENCo.