Head Teacher’s foreword
“As the Head Teacher of Boldon School, I am delighted to introduce the school to you and hope that you find this website helpful. We are a rapidly improving school with results that demonstrate this success. At this very exciting time in our world, we offer an excellent standard of education in outstanding facilities. Our present site opened in 2006 and we are very fortunate to be able to use superb facilities including:
- Specialist teaching rooms for all curriculum areas
- ICT fit for the 21st century
- 25 metre 4 lane swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Extensive external sporting facilities
- 220 seater theatre
- ‘Headquarters’ our hair salon
We have five ‘breakout’ areas on the ground floor of the building where students can relax. The ‘Boldon Bistro’, operated by Catering Academy, provides nutritious food throughout the day.
At Boldon School, every student will experience a varied curriculum which fulfils statutory requirements but at the same time is tailored to meet individual need. Students begin KS4 in Year 9 and this maximizes achievement opportunities for every young person.
Academic excellence is our main priority and we want all our young people to have the best education we can provide. We also want young people who will develop in confidence, self-motivation and with a determination to succeed. We want them to enjoy and value learning for itself, not just as the means to an end. However, we offer a wide range of other opportunities from Activities Week to work experience to university visits to extra-curricular clubs to residential weekends – there is something for everyone.
We enjoy an excellent partnership with Harton Technology College for our post 16 students and this provides a real opportunity for young people to excel in a wide variety of level 2 and 3 qualifications.
At Boldon we have a team of very dedicated staff – teachers, learning support assistants, learning mentors and associate colleagues. Everyone is committed to our school motto of ‘Innovate, focus, achieve’. We all work together to develop new ideas, implement them and encourage our students to succeed. A great education has the power to transform lives, and this precious gift is one you can be confident that our hard working and talented team of staff will tirelessly strive to give to your child every day.
Thank you for visiting our website, I hope that you find all the information you require. You are very welcome to visit our school, please telephone or email and make an appointment”.
Elizabeth M Hayes
Values and Ethos
Our aim is to encourage all students to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the school to attain their full potential in all areas of school life – the academic, the social, the physical and the personal – so that they are ready both to play a productive part in a democratic society and to move forward to the next stage of education, training or career with confidence, as young people of responsibility and judgment.
The Aims of the School
- To help each student to develop and realise his or her potential as fully as possible.
- To help students form and maintain a positive self-image.
- To allow as much scope as possible for the students’ own curiosity and enthusiasm to be the basis of learning.
- To encourage an awareness and understanding of the society in which the students live.
- To care for, and support, students as developing adolescents.
- To encourage students to develop an interest in, and enjoyment of, leisure activities, and to be part of the community.
- To prepare students for life after school.
- To provide an environment with a positive atmosphere in which students can learn.
- To prepare students for external examinations.