Boldon School aims to give every student the success that they deserve and prepare them for life as a young adult and academic.
Values and Ethos
Our aim is to encourage all students to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the school to attain their full potential in all areas of school life – the academic, the social, the physical and the personal – so that they are ready both to play a productive part in a democratic society and to move forward to the next stage of education, training or career with confidence, as young people of responsibility and judgment.
The Aims of the School
- To help each student to develop and realise his or her potential as fully as possible.
- To help students form and maintain a positive self-image.
- To allow as much scope as possible for the students’ own curiosity and enthusiasm to be the basis of learning.
- To encourage an awareness and understanding of the society in which the students live.
- To care for, and support, students as developing adolescents.
- To encourage students to develop an interest in, and enjoyment of, leisure activities, and to be part of the community.
- To prepare students for life after school.
- To provide an environment with a positive atmosphere in which students can learn.
- To prepare students for external examinations.