One year fixed term contract
SCP 16 £18319 (pro rata)
Term time only – 3 days per week (actual pay = £9216)
Required from September 2018
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to gain experience in a school environment. Boldon School is seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to supervise classes and deliver prepared lessons in the absence of a class teacher.
Some teaching experience would be advantageous but is not essential, although you must be confident with classroom behaviour management.
Main responsibilities include:
- To undertake whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
- To develop curricular knowledge as required by the school
- To apply the school’s Behaviour Management Policy and report any difficulties to the relevant staff member
- To set homework previously prepared by the teacher
- To undertake observations of the students and contribute to student records
You will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to use your own initiative whilst also being able to relate well and establish a rapport with young people. You will need to be flexible and able to work constructively as a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities.
You may also be required to participate in development and training opportunities as and when they arise.
All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and other relevant vetting checks.
Please see below – application form, job description and person specification.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 20 July 2018 -9.00am
Interviews: First week of September 2018