Closing Date: 5 Mar 2021
English Teacher – MPS
Full time – 1 Year Fixed term (initially)
Required from September 2021
Due to the increasing popularity of our rapidly improving school, an exciting opportunity has arisen. We are seeking to appoint an innovative, motivated and enthusiastic teacher of English who has vision, can take initiative and can contribute to outstanding results. You will need to have the drive, commitment and excellent organisational skills necessary to work within the faculty and meet the current and future needs of our students.
The post will initially be temporary for one academic year, with a strong likelihood of it becoming a permanent position for a suitable candidate. We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and those that are just coming into teaching.
- be an outstanding or aspiring to be an outstanding teacher of English and willing to participate in further development
- have a passion for teaching English and have the potential to inspire students with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
- gain commitment from all students to achieve success, and have the ability to motivate students with a focus on maximising student attainment
- have experience in teaching Media or a willingness to develop in this area
- take part and organise events and extracurricular provision.
Boldon School and South Tyneside Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Anyone interested in this post should complete an application form and submit a letter outlining their skills and experience. Completed applications should be emailed to
Mrs J Routledge at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you require any further information regarding this post please contact Mrs Suzanne Harvey-Allison ( English Faculty Leader) by email: email@example.com
Closing date: Noon on Friday 5 March 2021
Interviews are to be arranged. We would prefer to offer a face to face interview in school but this will of course, be dependant on Covid-19 restrictions at the time.